7th Graders! Apply for JKCF Young Scholars by MAR 14
Two programs are aimed at supporting high-ability students as they near high school so these young scholars have a strong foundation for the college experience.
Current year seventh graders are eligible for scholarship consideration. Criteria and application instructions appear at each link.
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program – 2019 application due by March 14
- Institute for Educational Advancement Caroline D. Bradley scholarship – 2019 application by April 9
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation (JKCF) Young Scholars Program provides comprehensive advising and financial support to high achieving students with financial need. Recipients benefit from the following support from eighth grade through senior year of high school.
- a personal academic and college counselor
- funding for academic and enrichment programs in the summer and during the school year
- internship and study abroad opportunities
- educational resources including books and technology
If you need help with the JKCF Young Scholars application or have any questions, please send email to Tammie Stewart at CTD. St. Croix Valley area students who are interested in applying for JKCF Young Scholars:
- Must submit an online application, including academic and personal recommendations, essays, report cards, and family information.
- Be currently in grade 7 (or entering 8th grade in the Fall).
- Earned mostly A’s and B’s in grade 6. No C’s or below in core subjects.
- Demonstrate financial need (families must have an annual household income under $95,000).
- Demonstrate drive, persistence, leadership, and a desire to help others.
The Caroline D. Bradley scholarship targets those exceptionally gifted young people who need assistance finding the optimal high school environment or who experience other challenges that prohibit attending an appropriate school. Ideal applicants excel academically, display a genuine quest for knowledge, thrive in the discovery process, are leaders among their peers, and embrace the ideals of integrity, service, and honesty. Visit the IEA website for more information.