Be a Member
It’s easy to join or renew online! Choose the St Croix Valley chapter during registration to set your local member connection.
Annual family registration ($40/yr or $75/2yrs) includes MCGT state and one chapter membership. You can choose to belong to multiple chapters at $18 for each extra chapter in addition to regular registration.
Strength in Numbers: Find your People!
Why does being a MCGT member matter? Navigating the GT journey creates unexpected challenges for students and families alike! Your membership supports ongoing efforts to advocate for GT learners at the State and local level, and continues a MCGT community of GT families and educators that’s existed in Minnesota since 1947.
Find your people at St. Croix Valley Gifted — we are parents, educators, and community members who support GT learners in our local communities! Your membership makes it possible to interact locally with guest experts, reserve meeting space, host an annual State Conference, conduct legislative advocacy on behalf of GT learners, and provide you with a variety of digital resources and opportunities for face-to-face connection with other families on this journey. Learn more about this local MCGT chapter, how we got started, and how we’ve served area students and their families.
- Tips for Parents of Gifted Children: What Most Parents Wish They had Known (2015)
- Power in Numbers: How Gifted Advocacy Groups can Help You and Your Kids (2016)
Your MCGT membership offers:
- Connection to resources and best practices for educating and parenting gifted learners
- Access to the MCGT Members Only Facebook Group and Resource Library full of books, videos, and more!
- MCGT CHAT Nights dedicated to connecting parents across Minnesota on GT topics
- Special discounts on MCGT Conferences and Special Events registrations
- MCGT Outlook, the informative quarterly digital newsletter (.pdf)
- Networking with families of GT learners so you can tap into ideas, share experiences, and benefit from local know-how
- Workable strategies to advocate on behalf of your students over the course of their education
- Ways to collaborate with educators who shape local policy and classroom practices
- Strength in numbers as we put voices together to support local gifted youth
- Informed insights about Minnesota and federal changes to gifted education and funding
- Update your MCGT member profile and contact info
- Receive the chapter newsletter – Contact us if you are not already receiving it at your inbox; you may need to adjust mail settings
- Get Minnesota GT insights and recommendation on Social Media
- MCGT has both a Facebook Page and Members Only Group; these pages serve Greater Minnesota
Chapter meetings typically occur weekday evenings (M/Tu/Th) or on Sunday afternoon. Location rotates across area schools, libraries, etc., which may impact start and end times. Please check event details as posted on our website.
Families have many evening obligations, so we understand that attendance happens around what works best for you. Please alert us to any regular conflicts.
Interested in hosting? Contact us to discuss arrangements. Past events have occurred at Stillwater Area Public Schools, St. Croix Catholic School, St. Croix Preparatory Academy, and Stillwater Public Library. Facilities fees, limitations, and available hours all play a role in where our events happen. MCGT is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization; certificate of insurance liability provided upon request.