Updated! MCGT Member CHAT and Fall Conference Access
Act fast! Start or renew MCGT membership for special access to Fall events and supports for GT families from home.
MCGT at the State level continues to adapt in response to COVID-19, making more events like CHATS, speakers, and conferences available via Facebook Live and Zoom. St. Croix Valley Gifted will be putting these resources to use at a local level in the near future!
Events that involve registration, like the recent September Fall Mini-Conference or upcoming Annual Conference on October 24, offer special member rates. Monthly CHATS on Zoom are available to current MCGT members only.
- Make sure member contact details are current to ensure you receive email announcements in a timely fashion
- On Facebook? Remember to join the MCGT Members Only Group
- New to MCGT? Explore recorded Facebook LIVE events and find out what’s on the calendar at our page — it’s an easy way to learn more and ask questions
TUES 9/29, 7:00PM – Members Only Zoom CHAT
Gifted Dyslexia from a Neuropsychologists Perspective – Featured guest Dr. Liz Adams is a local neuropsychologist who is exploring dyslexia within the gifted population.
Join now and enjoy monthly CHAT Nights all year! Use your MCGT member login at WildApricot to access the Zoom link.
TUES 10/13, 7:00PM – Members Only Zoom CHAT
Parenting Your Fantastic Beast(s): Tips from Newt Scamander – Featured guest Dr. Mary Wandrei, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in working with gifted children and adults, as well as people on the autism spectrum or who live with children or partners on the spectrum.
Her CHAT will draw parallels to the film, using focus questions aimed at helping parents and caregivers support 2e learners who both are gifted and have one or more learning differences. We’ll explore how to guide kids, resolve sources of conflict, identify support allies, and consider opportunities or risks these kids often face.
Limited Offer: Member Access to September MCGT Mini-Conference
Missed MCGT’s September Mini-Conference with presentations by Dr. Diane Heacox and Dr. Richard Cash?
Theme: What Now? Supporting Your Gifted Child’s Education during COVID-19
Join MCGT today, then email the MCGT office at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to register for the mini-conference at the $10 member rate. After completing your mini-conference registration, we’ll provide the link to access the recordings on Zoom. Offer available for a limited time.
SAT 10/24 – Annual Fall MCGT Conference Goes Virtual, Register Now!
MCGT worked hard all Summer to adapt plans for the Annual Fall Conference to a virtual format. We are excited to welcome Keynote Speaker Dr. Matt Zakreski, PsyD, for this special event. CEUs will be available, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Theme: Intensity, Social Emotional Health, and Gifted Children
WHO | All who are interested in supporting gifted students – parents, educators, other caregivers and professionals welcome!
WHEN | 9:30am – 12:30pm, Saturday OCTOBER 24
WHERE | Enjoy the conference from home or your favorite Zoom location! Zoom information will be sent the day before the conference.
REGISTER | Online registration open now at mcgt.net
- MEMBERS $20 per household, includes access to event recordings on Zoom for four months after the conference
- NON-MEMBERS $40 per household, does not include recording access — join now to receive the member rate
CONFERENCE SESSIONS & SCHEDULE
Visit the registration details for full session descriptions.
- 9:00am – 10:00am | Riding out the Storm: Where Big Emotions Come From
- 10:00am – 10:15am | MCGT Annual Meeting
- 10:15am – 11:15am | How to Manage Yourself when Big Feelings Come
- 11:15am – 11:30am | MCGT News & FAQ
- 11:30am – 12:30pm | How to Build the Skills to Manage Interpersonally when Big Feelings Come